It’s almost time for children in our community to head back to school, but some families struggle to secure the necessary supplies. Through our annual Fill Up the Bus event, you can help by donating school supplies to children in need at Rotholme Family Shelter.
When: Aug. 25, 2020, from 12 pm – 5 pm
Where: Mission Store parking lot (797 York St.)
Fill Up the Bus runs every August to collect in-demand items for students in Junior Kindergarten to Grade 12. Donated items are given to students throughout the school year as the need arises.
This year, priority items include:
- child-size and standard face masks
- travel-size hand sanitizer
- non-marking indoor shoes
- peanut-free snacks
- reuseable water bottles and snack containers
- lunch bags
- new articles of clothing for all ages
- calculators and scientific calculators
- USB memory sticks
- Kleenex pocket packs
- pencil cases
- pens, pencils, and pencil crayons
Due to the ongoing pandemic, we will be coordinating a physically distanced curbside drop-off of the donations. Please follow the steps below:
- Enter into the parking lot from Rectory St. and head toward the Mission Store
- Park in the dedicated parking spots. Staff will be present to provide directions and point you towards the proper spots.
- Once parked, remove the donations from your car and place them into the bin located in front of your parking spot.
- Exit the parking lot onto York St.
Unfortunately, we will not be able to enter any vehicles or assist in unloading vehicles. Please bring along someone to help you unload if you require assistance.
If you would prefer to make a financial contribution in order to purchase needed school supplies, please donate online