Remembrance Day is not a statutory holiday in Ontario, but there are a few closures.
- Municipal offices
- Grocery stores
- Schools and post-secondary institutions
- Beer Store
- The London Transit Commission will run on a regular schedule.
- Federal and provincial government offices
- Banks (this includes TD Canada Trust, Royal Bank of Canada, Scotiabank, CIBC and BMO)
- Canada Post
Remembrance Day events:
Remembrance Day Service (Cenotaph in Victoria Park, 10:45-11:45 a.m.)
- The veterans’ parade forms up at the Delta Armouries at 10:15 a.m. and marches from Dundas Street to Wellington Street to Dufferin Avenue, arriving at the cenotaph at 10:45 a.m.
- Service to follow.
Remembrance Day at the Museum (Royal Canadian Regiment Museum, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.)
- The public is welcome to observe the Remembrance Ceremony, tour the museum and interact with veterans.
Road closures (8 a.m.-1 p.m.):
- Dufferin Avenue between Wellington Street to Picton Street
- Dundas Street between Waterloo Street and Wellington Street
- Wellington Street between Dufferin Avenue to Wolfe Street
© 2019 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.