Your donation matters. Every 60 seconds someone in Canada needs blood.
• Donating blood is one of the most direct ways you can help someone.
• It takes up to eight donors a week to help someone with leukemia,
five donors to help someone undergoing heart surgery, and 50 donors
to help a crash victim.
• More regular donors are needed to maintain a strong national inventory
of blood and blood products to meet patients’ needs.
• All blood types are needed, and all eligible donors are encouraged to donate.
• Consider donating with someone you know. Half of all Canadians will
need blood or know someone who will at some point in their life.
• To donate, you must be 17 years or older, in good general health, carry
government-issued ID or Canadian Blood Services ID, meet our height
and weight requirements and other eligibility requirements.
Visit blood.ca/am-i-eligible to learn more.
There are many reasons to join Canada’s Lifeline. Share yours on social media and inspire others to donate.
Tag us @Lifeline519 and use the hashtags: #BloodForLife #CanadasLifeline